Next Level Jobs is part of Governor Holcomb’s Next Level Indiana agenda to continue the positive momentum of our state. Under his leadership with support from the 2017 General Assembly, Indiana is taking the state’s workforce to the next level with a focus on the high-priority industries and high-demand jobs driving Indiana’s 21st Century economy forward. Two million Hoosiers need additional training to compete in the 21st Century workforce, and there will be over 1 million job openings in Indiana due to retirements and the creation of new jobs in the next decade. Whether you’re a Hoosier looking for a better-paying job or an employer looking for a better-skilled workforce, Indiana’s Next Level Jobs initiative can help.
Check out our Next Level Jobs page here
For more information visit: nextleveljobs.org/2017
The Vincennes University HTEC CNC Training Center is dedicated to providing the highest quality training available for Haas CNC machines and related technologies. The center leverages the support of its manufacturing partners to provide training on the latest technology available.
The center is committed to help HTEC educators to bring their programs up to the next level, and to provide all that receive training the tools that they need to be successful. The center is also dedicated to helping veterans and other adults to receive the training that they need to begin a career as a CNC machinist. VU is committed to promote advanced manufacturing for the vital role it plays in our nation's economy and security.
VU HTEC is a world class training and certification center in the following ways:
Eligible students can qualify for Workforce Ready Grant funds from the State of Indiana!
The grant covers full tuition costs for eligible Hoosiers who pursue select credit bearing certificates with VU in one of the following high-growth sectors of Indiana’s economy: advanced manufacturing, building & construction, health & life sciences, information technology & business services, and transportation & logistics. The grant also provides up to $5,500.00 for eligible students who pursue a Next Level Jobs approved non-credit bearing training program with the University.
To qualify for a Workforce Ready Grant, one must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Must be an Indiana Resident and a U.S. Citizen (or eligible resident)
- Must possess a high school diploma (or equivalent) but less than a college degree
- Maintain Satsifactory Academic Progress
- Must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for your desired academic year [Only for Credit Bearing Programs]
- Must enroll in one of the approved grant qualifying programs. (See Below)
- Credit-bearing programs: Enroll as a full-time student for federal financial aid (typically four courses)
· If you are a Dependent Student for federal financial aid purposes.
- Credit-bearing programs: Enroll at least as half-time student for federal financial aid (typically two courses)
· If you are an Independent Student for federal financial aid purposes.
The full grant eligibility requirements can be found here: http://www.nextleveljobs.org/workforce-ready-grant.html.
Credit Bearing Qualifying Programs
*Click each area of industry to see the credit bearing NLJ qualifying programs VU offers in that area. Campuses where program is offered in parentheses.
Building & Construction
Health & Life Sciences
I.T. & Business Services
Transportation & Logistics
Non-Credit Bearing Qualifying Programs
- Contact Martha Thomson at email@example.com or 812-888-5284 for more information on how to pursue your desired program of study.
*Click each area of industry to see the non-credit bearing NLJ qualifying programs VU offers in that area.