Monday-Thursday 8:00am -7:00pm
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 8:00am-4:30pm
Tuesday & Thursday: 8:00am-6:30pm
Classes Not in Session:
Make Up Exams -
Call 481-5914 to schedule your appointment
Please Note: Proctoring for Distance Education Courses is administered in the Administration Building with Ann Oeding, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Your Librarians
Donna - My husband and I live in paradise, which is a small farm in the middle of the big woods, where we raise cattle, puppy dogs and kitty cats, wounded birds and the occasional turtle. I love teaching our students where to find information and how to use it. Nothing makes me happier than connecting with our students and seeing their faces light up, when they have “got it.” I graduated from VUJ and have been working in library services for the last 21 years.
Mary – If you ever come into the Academic Center for Excellence in the afternoon, you will find me checking in books, checking out books, helping students locate resources, giving makeup tests and, above all, making sure there is fresh coffee ready. I have an associate degree in Behavioral Science/Psychology and I have worked for Vincennes University a total of 20 years. I enjoy working with students and helping them achieve their goals.
Essay Aids - tools to
get your paper started
Note Organizer - create the outline for your paper by typing your ideas and findings in boxes on one of the essay templates
The Ultimate Guide on How to Organize a Bold Argumentative Essay - written, video, and graphic illustration of the steps to a great paper
Purdue Owl: Argument Papers - "This resource outlines the generally accepted structure for introductions, body paragraphs, and conclusions in an academic argument paper."
Download these templates and start your papers with the margins, font, and page numbers already set for either MLA or APA. They also include sample citations and suggestions.
Library Resources & Services
- Books – research books in all genres, as well as fiction books
- eBooks – available to all students and staff through their MyVU login
- Orientation and Research Instruction Sessions for Classes
- Research Assistance
- Online Resources – database of books and journal articles
- Computers – an open lab consisting of 22 computers
- Group Study Room – this room may be reserved for student study groups
- WiFi access, USB charging areas, and various device charging cables
- Copy Machine – can copy in both black ink as well as in color
- Scanners – connected to two computers in the lab
- Printer – students may print all course related materials at no charge
- Coffeeology – a free coffee and tea bar for students and staff
- Collaborative Learning Workstation – located in the Group Study Room
- Library Lounge – a relaxed place to study and visit with friends
- Make-up Testing for VU Jasper classes
- Interesting displays of items available to check out
Online searchable database of books, journals, newspapers, articles, and other research resources. As a Vincennes University student or staff member, you have access to these databases by logging onto your MyVU account.
Group Study and
Students may connect their laptops to the monitor
for collaboration on projects or for group study.