The Career and Employer Relations office maintains current information on career planning including job search strategies, resume guides and interview techniques, occupational information and labor market trends, and scholarships.   

Vincennes University is in the process of hiring a new Director of International Student Affairs.  As such, the duties of this position are being handled by the following individuals:


  • W. Anthony "Tony" Mahan is a DSO and will handle anything related to your F-1 visa, immigration status, SEVP and SEVIS.  He can be reached at the Admissions Office, 20 W Indianapolis Avenue, 812.888.4319, intstudent@vinu.edu
  • Wade (Ze) Chen is the contact person for the International Club, orientation, campus and community integration, event coordination, etc.  He can be reached at Room 184B in Vigo Hall, 812.888.4156, zchen@vinu.edu.

International Student Employment

While studying in the United States, international students have the opportunity to work part-time, to either to gain experience in your field of study or make some additional money.  As an F-1 student, you may be eligible to work on and off campus.  However, you need to get authorization before beginning work in many cases.  

When and where you may work is restricted by the terms of your visa.  It is extremely important that you know all the requirements and restrictions concerning your visa!

Employment Options for F-1 Students

  • On-campus employment
    On-campus employment is a student hourly position job on campus where you are paid by Vincennes University. 

  • Curricular Practical Training 
    Curricular Practical Training (CPT) is work integral to your program, done for an off-campus employer in your field of study while you are enrolled as a student.  Any employment in this form must be a part of the program and a requirement to graduate.

  • Optional Practical Training
    Optional Practical Training (OPT) is work done for an off-campus employer in your field of study, usually following graduation.  This authorization is granted by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.