Housing and Residential Life
Housing & Residential Life
Vincennes University has five residence halls. Each hall has comfortable study rooms, recreation areas, laundry rooms, and vending machines. All rooms have air conditioning and heat.
All have single beds or bunks (with extra-long twin mattresses), desks, chairs, closet and drawer space, wastebaskets, draperies/blinds, and high speed internet connections (with use of an ethernet cable). A limited number of private rooms are also available.
Unmarried students under the age of twenty-one are required to live in University residence halls when space is available. Exceptions include military veterans and students who live off-campus with a parent or legal guardian.
Effective Immediately - Hoverboard Information
Recent information has revealed that the batteries in Hoverboards, Swagways, IO Hawks Skywalkers, and similar devices are dangerous and prone to explosion, creating a safety and fire risk. Until a time that the safety standards of these devices are improved, the Housing/Residential Life Office has prohibited them from being in any of our Residence Halls and/or University owned properties. Effective immediately, the use, possession, or storage of Hoverboards, Swagways, IO Hawks, Skywalkers, and similar devices, is prohibited in any of the Residence Halls and/or University owned properties until safety standards for them can be developed and implemented.
If you have one of these devices, please remove it from campus. If you receive or purchase one of these devices during the break, please know that you will not be able to have it on campus and if it is found, it will be confiscated.
Housing and residential life questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or 812.888.4225.
See you on campus!
Applying for Housing
Apply for Housing
How to Apply for Housing
- Click Apply for Housing. You must have your MYVU login credentials to access the contract. Read the Terms and Conditions. This document will outline deposits, cancellations, conduct and many areas important to your housing contract. You can not proceed until you have read the Terms and Conditions and agreed to the contents.
- Once you have read the Terms and Conditions please proceed filling out the contract. You must pay your deposit in full to complete the contract. You must complete the contract and pay your deposit to be assigned a residence hall room.
- Attention--Internet Explorer is not compatible with accessing the Housing Contract.
- All changes must be submitted in writing (email@example.com) to the Housing Office by July 1st for consideration. Requests for changes are not guaranteed.
- Room assignments (Fall 2020) will be available in mid-July.
- Students are assigned based upon date of payment of the damage deposit and prepayments.
- Roommate requests must be mutual. All individuals must supply their roommates name and information.
- For suites in Clark and Vanderburgh where 2 double rooms exist and 4 individuals share the suite/bathroom you may submit roommate requests for the entire suite. Please email the Housing Office with this information. Assignments are based upon availability and date contract is submitted and deposit is paid.
- Roommate requests are not guaranteed. Roommate requests received after July 1st may not be considered.
- Students requesting a single room will be required to pay a $400.00 prepayment in addition to the $150 damage deposit at the time of filing their contract. Single rooms are an additional fee per semester over the student’s Room and Board charges.
- Again, single rooms are assigned based upon date of payment of deposits/prepayments and availability.
- Vincennes University has partnered with Roomsurf a roommate matching service to assist students finding a roommate.
This service is only available to Vincennes University students.
- Student must visit www.roomsurf.com to login using Facebook credential. (Note: A basic Facebook profile is required to access this service)
- Students must then use the following passkey to access roomsurf. This passkey is case sensitive.
- PASSKEY: VUTrailblazer1801