About This Degree
The Associates of Science degree in public relations at Vincennes University prepares students to transfer to a four-year institution culminating in a baccalaureate degree. Graduates with a public relations degree work for large and small corporations, government agencies, not-for-profit organizations, public officials, sports figures, famous people, public relations firms, advertising agencies, and marketing firms.
What do public relations practitioners do? Some duties are to:
- Design communication campaigns.
- Write news releases.
- Communicate with the press through interviews and speeches.
- Be a speechwriter.
- Prepare clients for interviews and press conferences.
- Write website and social media content.
- Manage individual or company reputation.
- Maintain external and internal communications within a company.
- Produce various publications.
- Plan and coordinate special events.
- Design advertising.
- Conduct market research.
- Manage publicity.
PR at VU
Students in the public relations program at VU will take classes in the Communication Department to develop skills and knowledge in advertising, small group communication, business and professional communication, interpersonal communication, speech, and communication studies. Students will also take classes such as news reporting, marketing, introduction to business, and ethics.
We'll Help You Succeed
At VU we're committed to your academic success. That's why we work hard to help you build a strong foundation in your first two years. Easy access to faculty and staff, free tutoring, and modern study skills labs are just a few of the assistance programs available to you. If you're serious about your education, we're serious about working with you at your level.