ATC Maintenance Programs
VU’s Aviation Maintenance Program prepares you for a Federal Aviation Administration certification and entry-level employment in one of the nation’s most exciting industries. Aviation industry growth along with a retiring workforce creates an increasing need for skilled aircraft maintenance technicians.
Located at the Indianapolis International Airport, VU’s Aviation Technology Center (ATC) is designed to allow you to experience every aspect of the aviation industry. The center is home to some of the most advanced aviation labs, testing equipment, and fully operational maintenance hangars, as well as full classroom and library facilities and immediate airfield access.
Class size is strictly limited (25 students maximum) to ensure personal attention and instruction.
ATC studies will include 1,900 hours of training in which you will develop skills in 45 different subject areas, with extensive hands-on instruction and training.
ATC studies will also prepare you to pass the FAA requirements for Airframe and PowerPlant (A&P) Certification. Airframe training focuses on composite structures, electricity, welding, painting, sheet metal, instruments, assembly, and rigging. PowerPlant training focuses on turbine and piston engines, propellers, lubrication, ignition, and fuel metering.
Coursework focuses on the design, construction, maintenance and repair of:
- Hydraulics and pneumatics devices
- Propulsion systems
- Aircraft painting
- Component overhaul
- Basic electronics
- Environmental systems
- Sheet metal
- Composite structures
- Fixed-wing and rotor-wing aircraft
- Communications and navigation systems
Program Objectives include:
- Prepare you for FAA certification and entry-level employment
- Develop your knowledge of FAA regulations and procedures
- Develop your safe work habits and skills
- Study all aspects of aircraft, powerplants, hydraulics, and auxiliary systems
Aviation Maintenance Career Opportunities include but are not limited to:
- Major airlines and regional air carriers
- Executive air transport
- Aircraft manufacturers
- FAA approved repair stations
- Fixed Base Operations
Admission and Tuition for Maintenance Majors
Admission and Tuition
You have a lot of decisions to make when it comes to your education.
- Please review the programs and majors available at the ATC.
- Compare our costs and tuition to other colleges.
*Please note additional fees to the aviation flight major.
*Residence hall costs only apply to the Vincennes campus.
- Indy flight program course hours fees and expenses
- Read through the admission requirements.
- Review possible scholarship opportunities.
- Talk to VU alumni.
- Apply now online.
Most importantly, schedule your visit to the Aviation Technology Center and see how you'll fit in. Call us at 317-381-6000.